The Caregiver will be responsible for the care, nurturing and supervision of children who are receiving attention at the Authority. The Caregiver will provide basic medical, physical, dietary, social and emotional care to children to meet their daily needs. The Caregiver will promote children’s holistic well-being through meaningful relationship building, and will work with other members of the team to meet the needs of the children, always providing support, for each child placed in care.
These services will be delivered in keeping with best practice, while respecting and promoting the rights of the child.
All activities must be geared towards maintaining the highest levels of service to all internal and external stakeholders and clients, must be sensitive to children’s issues, must conform to the guidelines and standards set by The Authority and to all legal, regulatory and statutory requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Attends to the personal hygiene and personal care needs, including but not limited to grooming, dining and nutritional, mobility, basic psychosocial and safety needs of the children.
- Observes children closely, identifying changing needs and conditions at first indication, and reports immediately to the Team Lead as appropriate.
- Consistently works with all staff team members to meet the needs of all children.
- Facilitates developmentally appropriate daily activities to support children’s need for play/ recreation, continuous learning, and physical exercise.
- Maintains accurate records of caregiving services and activities provided to children on a daily basis.
- Ensures that spaces are well-kept, including play areas, children’s rooms, common rooms, and dining areas.
- Coordinates work with the Team Lead to ensure housekeeping needs are achieved within the staffing resources as required.
- Supports the development and maintenance of a team environment by performing other related duties as required from time to time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) to Five (5) O’ Levels.
- Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education.
- Training in CPR and First Aid would be an asset.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a child care environment or a related field.
- Any other equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of child care practices.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality with respect to information records concerning families and children.
- Understanding of children’s rights.
- Ability to use tact and sensitivity when dealing with children with special needs.
- Knowledge of cultural norms of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Interested persons are asked to adopt the following guidelines when submitting an application:
- Kindly submit your Resume and Cover Letter in one (1) document in either a word or pdf file.
- Applications are to be titled as the Candidate’s name, i.e. First Name and Last Name.
- Clearly identify the position applied for in the Cover Letter and Subject of the email.
- Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.