Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of FMCG products based in Barbados. Due to growth, they are seeking to recruit an experienced, effective, and self-motivated individual to lead the Maintenance team, provide strategic input to senior management on manufacturing efficiency and implement renewable energy initiatives.
The successful candidate will assist in planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating the repair, service, maintenance and cleaning of the plant, buildings, equipment, electronic systems and machinery, according to established standards in a cost-effective manner.
• To develop implement and supervise the operation of a preventative maintenance program for all plant, equipment and machinery.
• To supervise the maintenance and repairs to all plant equipment.
• To prepare a budget for the department annually and monitor it quarterly.
• To supervise the installation of all new plant equipment and machinery.
• Study technical problems in the plant (power, heating, illumination, etc.) and make recommendations for improvements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
• Must have excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• Be deadline driven with excellent time-management skills.
• Possess a positive attitude and be willing to work a flexible schedule.
• Possess an exceptional work ethic, energy, and drive.
• Be able to motivate and lead a team.
• Proficient in the use of computers with a working knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
ENGINEERING MANAGER (Manufacturing Sector)