The Sales Manager will be responsible for supporting the advancement of the hotel business by developing and managing all Sales actions for the hotel across all markets for this luxury hotel based in Barbados. To successfully achieve Departmental objectives, the individual will be expected to plan, develop, implement and evaluate the Sales strategy including annual, seasonal and targeted initiatives as well as manage the administrative functions of the Department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Operational Activities – Sales Strategy and Processes
Implement the agreed sales strategy, consistently achieve weekly/monthly sales targets and develop and monitor the sales calendar ensuring timelines are managed.
- Create and regularly (monthly/quarterly) monitor contracts for suppliers.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with travel trade intermediaries on an ongoing basis.
- Enter, reconcile and verify sales information in the company Property Management System.
- Manage the production of regular sales communications on a B2B and B2C basis and distribute to the relevant audiences within planned calendar.
- Produce regular reports regarding all sales production activity.
- Assist in the creative management and copy production of all collateral including sales collateral requirements.
- Use cold calling and telemarketing opportunities to generate sales leads and follow up same within 24-hours.
Perform daily administration tasks efficiently including maintaining all electronic and manual filing systems.
- Complete and maintain records of all sales agreements, contracts and quotations in a timely manner and make duplicates or copies of relevant documents as necessary.
- Manage and maintain multiple databases to include ongoing updates and cleaning, assist in the growth of data in all aspects of the hotel and ensure data capture is effective and accurate.
- Develop, monitor and update calendars (i.e. Sales and ‘Island Activity Calendar’) on an ongoing basis and ensure all relevant stakeholders remain informed and timelines are met.
- Prepares the annual Departmental budget and monthly/quarterly sales forecasts.
- Keep on-property team and any other required stakeholders up-to-date on sales initiatives and activity on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Hotel or Hospitality Management, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- A minimum of three to four years’ experience in Sales or related discipline. Previous experience of devising and implementing sound commercial campaigns in a B2B and B2C environment is essential. .
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills (oral, listening and written).
- Excellent research, planning, multi-tasking, persuasive, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good technical and computer literacy skills.